Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Down below, our SERVPRO of Clear Lake and League City East team has listed out several steps that you can take after a water damage event. We have also listed several steps that you should avoid taking. Taking a minute to read through these steps helps prepare you in the event of a water loss. Though you can never fully prevent a water loss from occurring on your property, you can take several steps to feel prepared!
If you have any questions regarding our Water Damage Tips or are in need of mitigation services, give our SERVPRO of Clear Lake team a call today!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (281) 486-4716
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.