If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (281) 486-4716

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

4 Steps for Getting FEMA Assistance

8/27/2022 (Permalink)

FEMA US Servicio de Seguridad Nacional Ciudadano e Inmigración cierra volante Get FEMA assistance

If your property isn't located in a floodplain or other area where flooding is a high risk, you may not have considered flood insurance to be a priority. Unfortunately, many types of natural and manmade disasters can result in flooding and water damage. For example, water leftover from firefighting efforts is a big concern after a fire. A burst pipe that goes unnoticed over a weekend can lead to significant flooding. Each of these situations may present unique requirements from your insurance company, but few situations are quite as complex as applying for FEMA coverage when you don't have insurance coverage.

Do You Qualify for Assistance?

According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, people who own or manage property in eligible counties qualify for federal assistance. In the event that Clear Lake, TX, is an eligible community, property owners and managers should take the following steps:

Apply for Federal Aid

The first step in applying for aid from FEMA is either using the phone the call 800-621-3362 or visiting www.DisasterASsistance.gov. Whether you call or visit the website, you are likely to get in touch with a representative between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m., and it's possible to connect with someone all seven days of the week.

Identify Appropriate Grants

There are a variety of grants available whether you have flood insurance or not. If you own property with renters, you may connect some of your tenants with temporary housing. There are grants available for uninsured and underinsured property losses and emergency property repairs. Register for the grants that are most appropriate for your situation.

Attend Federal Inspections

A few days after you've registered by phone or online, a federal representative will contact you. They'll present official identification, won't ask for money, won't make recommendations, and won't approve or deny requests. However, they will make a careful survey of the damages your property has suffered. You'll receive official news about your claim after the inspection results have been submitted and reviews.

Check the Status of Your Case

You can follow the progress of your case by going online or calling the same federal help number. It's important that you understand the type of help you're going to receive before you contact commercial property damage agencies. You'll need specific flood insurance and FEMA information to share with these professionals.

Other News

View Recent Posts