Got Mold? Don’t Reach for the Bleach
At the first sign of mold damage or growth in your Clear Lake, TX, property, a first inclination may be to grab the bleach for instant fungus cleanup. Unfortunately, if you do that, the problem won’t be resolved and might actually spread. Mold has an intricate root system that requires advanced methods to eliminate. Over-the-counter products are unable to penetrate that deep.
5 Reasons It Doesn’t Work
When spending the time to cleanup mold, you want to ensure it is actually cleaned. While your trusted cleaning product is good for many things, below are five reasons it isn’t the right choice for mold.
Most traditional cleaners are 90% water. When using, the small percentage of chlorine evaporates fast. That leaves behind moisture that can be absorbed into porous surfaces and provide fuel for mold to grow.
As it is absorbed into porous materials, it can damage the surface. If used on wood, the fibers are weakened and can lead to rot. On metal, it can quickly lead to corrosion.
Once you spray it on, you may see the fungus growth disappear. In reality, you just bleached its color and didn’t remove the problem.
Bleaching a surface may smell strong, but this liquid quickly loses its power. Thus, it isn’t able to prevent future organic growth.
When faced with fungus cleanup, you want it gone. The best bet is to call mold damage and remediation professionals. Armed with the latest technology to remove mold, as well as find hidden patches, they have the know-how to stop it from spreading and return your business back to normal. They also use industry-standard practices to contain the affected area and prevent future outbreaks.
Instead of leaving fungus cleanup up to chance by reaching for whatever is in the maintenance closet, get help that is Faster to Any Size Disaster to properly eliminate the problem.