If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (281) 486-4716

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Understanding the mold that is in your home.

9/13/2017 (Permalink)

Understanding the mold that is in your home.

Mold is a common place organism that is plays a great role in the ecosystem. They are the original recyclers feeding off any organic matter, such as dead leaves or paper. Mold begins to grow from a single spore that is microscopic. You cannot see mold spores but they are everywhere. One mold spore can grow into a large colony that will release thousands of new tiny spores.

Mold is also common place in your home as settled spores, meaning that spores are settled on any surface. Just like pollen the mold travels on the wind and can never be rid of entirely in a home or building. Any time you step outside you will start to accumulate mold spores, pollen, and pollutants. The crux is when settled spores are introduced to water. Once the spore has moisture it will start to grow into a colony. It is for this reason that mitigating water damage from a broken pipe or water heater is important. If the water is removed quickly then the mold will not have time to grow.

Other News

View Recent Posts